Tuesday 19 December 2006

General Sixth Form RE

Just to remind you of the arrangements for after Christmas.

Week 1: I will introduce the topic of "Sects, Cults and New Religious Movements".
Week 2: Sonjay - Christian Sects, including looking at Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Week 3: Errol/Vincent - Cults, including Scientology.
Week 4: Emilia - Islam and its sects (Sunni, Shia, Sufi)
Week 5: Tonny - Judaism and its sects (Kabbala)
Week 6: I will finish by looking at the response of the Catholic Church to other religious movements.

Later I will post a link to sites that can help you in your preparation.

2 comments:

H-Team said...

This all looks interesting stuff....cool blog Mrs K!

Mrs K said...

Thank you ... I hope I'll be able to add pictures soon, and perhaps some more relevant links during the Christmas holidays!

You keep up the good work, too, over at the h-team ... I was telling my history department about your blog today. I'm sure they'll visit soon!