Wednesday 16 May 2007

AS Exam Essay Questions

If you had to choose one of the following three questions, which would you choose, why, and how would you answer?

1. a) Explain the Hypothetical and Categorical Imperatives. (33)
b) 'It's always right to do one's duty.' Discuss. (17)

2. a) Explain the main features of one absolutist theory of ethics. (33)
b) 'Moral absolutism is too rigid.' Discuss. (17)

3. a) Explain how a follower of Natural Law might respond to issues raised by genetic engineering. (33)
b) 'Genetic engineering is "playing God".' Discuss. (17)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mate do u have the answers for those questions

Mrs K said...

Ha ha! :-) I'm afraid you'll need to do some of the legwork yourself there!

(On a more serious note, it would be good if I could have added a few key points ... however, I didn't at the time, and as I'm not teaching that course at the moment, I won't be in the near future! Sorry!)

(Although please feel free to add your own answers here as a comment for others to comment on and add to ...)

(Finally, I don't use this blog any more, but have kept it up here as a resource ... feel free to check out www.stmrea2.edublogs.org where I have some slideshows on the A2 syllabus.)

(Good luck!)